Talent acquisition consists of two key functions: talent generation and applicant tracking. The applicant tracking system (ATS) has been around for years, and while its function of automating the hiring process, often for compliance purposes, is viewed as largely administrative, it is necessary nonetheless. There is no shortage of ATS providers out there. Every large ERP vendor offers one. There are best-of-breed stand-alone offerings and even free offerings. But regardless of which an organization chooses, none of them will solve what is often cited as being the #1 recruiting challenge: finding good candidates.
The area where most organizations struggle is not in the automation of the hiring process, but rather finding, attracting, and engaging the right candidates in the first place so the best talent ends up applying for jobs in the ATS. This function is often referred to as talent generation and has grown to become one of the hottest categories in an already red hot HR technology market.
It feels like every week there is a new talent generation start-up with the latest and greatest solution designed to help organizations find better talent. The reality is however; they almost all solve just one small piece of a much broader talent generation challenge. Typically, talent generation vendors offering point solutions fall into just one or maybe a couple of the following categories:
- Agency Management: Manage and optimize the process of outsourcing jobs to agencies.
- Job Ad Distribution: Posting jobs to a variety of paid and unpaid job boards.
- Career Sites (web/social/mobile): The creation and management of career sites.
- Job Search Engine Optimization SEO: Optimizing jobs to be found on search engines.
- Social/Mobile Job Marketing: Distributing and promoting jobs on social networks and via mobile devices.
- Talent Networks/Communities: Building engaged pipelines of talent.
- Candidate Relationship Management: Organizing and building relationships with talent.
- Multi-Source Search: Searching and ranking candidates across multiple databases.
- Web Search/Sourcing: Searching and ranking candidate across the web and social networking sites.
- Social & Mobile Applications: Enabling candidates to apply for jobs on mobile devices using social profiles.
- Resume Extraction: Parsing and extracting resume data and feeding it into appropriate data fields within a system.
- Dynamic Web Profiles: Augmenting a candidate’s resume data with data found online.
- Integrated 3rd Party Candidate Data: Including 3rd party screenings and assessments in the application process and/or from within the ATS.
Many of the solutions these vendors provide do a great job at one or two of these functions, but that often leaves HR professionals in a difficult position. Do they attempt to prioritize which talent generation functionalities are most important to them and choose a vendor that offers that solution, sacrificing all the others? Or, do they try and implement and integrate five or six different vendors to create a more complete solution, then try and integrate all that with their ATS? (Good luck pitching that to your IT department!).
We at Talemetry believe organizations shouldn’t have to sacrifice key functionalities when choosing a talent generation vendor, or enter into a complex, multi-vendor integration project to get all the functionality they need. That’s why we built Talemetry as a complete talent generation solution. It provides all the functionality listed above, all on one platform, with pre-built integrations to your ATS
With our latest release, we’ve further strengthened our ability to deliver a complete talent generation solution that delivers all the key functionality today’s organizations need to more efficiently and effectively find great talent.
Talemetry delivers all the tools recruiters need to find, attract, and engage the talent they need today – and tomorrow – in a single, simple and social cloud-based solution. As the leading provider of talent generation solutions, the Talemetry software-as-a-service (SaaS) suite includes talent sourcing & CRM, job broadcasting, career sites and candidate application solutions. Schedule a demo today to learn how Talemetry can help you find better talent faster.